Invest in Kids Scholarships
Through the Invest in Kids Act, the state of Illinois has created a new way to fund scholarships for children from low-income households who want to attend private schools. The tax credit scholarships offered through this program could cover up to 100 percent of tuition and fees for eligible students in grades K-8. Northside Catholic Academy is an eligible private school.
Applications will be awarded on a first come, first served basis, through Empower Illinois, our Scholarship Granting Organization (SGO). Empower Illinois experienced technical difficulties when it opened on January 31. As a result, applications are suspended while they fix the issues. Visit www.empowerillinois.org for an update on when the applications will reopen. There are other SGOs, please check the Archdiocese of Chicago website to learn more. Download the following check list of documents required for the Invest in Kids Scholarships:
- Families who wish to receive financial aid through NCA for the 2018-2019 school year and qualify for the TCS will have to go through the Tax Credit Scholarship process in order to apply for financial aid.
- Families who apply for the Tax Credit Scholarships may also apply to NCA's Guardian Angel Scholarship Fund. Please note GASF applications are due May 1.
- New students must also apply for admissions to Northside Catholic Academy and be accepted in order to select NCA as your school of choice on the Invest in Kids Act Scholarships application.
- Currently enrolled families at NCA must also return an Intent to Return form.
- More information is available on the Archdiocese of Chicago website.