Empower Illinois & Big Shoulders Tax Credit Scholarships
Tax Credit Scholarships
Through the Invest in Kids Act, the state of Illinois has created a new way to fund scholarships for children from low-income households who want to attend private schools. The tax credit scholarships (TCS) offered through this program could cover up to 100 percent of tuition and fees for eligible students in grades K-8. Northside Catholic Academy is an eligible private school. Empower Illinois and Big Shoulders are both Scholarship Granting Organizations (SGO). Families apply directly to SGOs to obtain a TCS.
- receiving a scholarship from any TCS
- siblings of students who are currently receiving any TCS
- members of a household whose previous year's total annual income does not exceed 185% of the federal poverty level
- residing within a focus district
- Proof of household income
- Proof of address
- State Issued ID or Driver's License,
- Lease, OR
- Utility Bill
- Families who wish to receive financial aid through NCA for the 2020-2021 school year should initially apply for a TCS.
- Families who apply for a TCS may also apply to NCA's Guardian Angel Scholarship Fund. Please note GASF applications are due May 1.
- New students must also apply for admissions to Northside Catholic Academy and be accepted in order to select NCA as your school of choice on the Invest in Kids Act and Big Shoulders TCS application.
- More information is available on the Archdiocese of Chicago website.