Invest in Kids Scholarships
Through the Invest in Kids Act, the state of Illinois has created a new way to fund scholarships for children from low-income households who want to attend private schools. The tax credit scholarships offered through this program could cover up to 100 percent of tuition and fees for eligible students in grades K-8. Northside Catholic Academy is an eligible private school.Applications will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, through Empower Illinois, our Scholarship Granting Organization (SGO). Empower Illinois is reopening its Tax Credit Scholarship applications on February 27, at 7:00 p.m. It will be a two-step process. The first step will be to complete a brief online form with your name and contact information, your child’s name and preferred school on Tuesday, February 27 at 7 p.m. This will time stamp your application and reserve your place in line. Families can access the registration from a computer or mobile device. After reserving your place in line, families will be emailed a unique link to complete the formal application. The application links will be sent on a rolling basis, over a few weeks, so please do not be alarmed if you do not receive a link immediately. After receiving the application email, families will have three days to complete the application and submit all required documents. Families will be able to complete the application at their own pace, and Empower Illinois will have support available through their website and phone helpline.
Visit www.empowerillinois.org to apply.Download the following documents to learn more about the new two-step process:
- Families who wish to receive financial aid through NCA for the 2018-2019 school year and qualify for the TCS will have to go through the Tax Credit Scholarship process in order to apply for financial aid.
- Families who apply for the Tax Credit Scholarships may also apply to NCA's Guardian Angel Scholarship Fund. Please note GASF applications are due May 1.
- New students must also apply for admissions to Northside Catholic Academy and be accepted in order to select NCA as your school of choice on the Invest in Kids Act Scholarships application.
- Currently enrolled families at NCA must also return an Intent to Return form.
- More information is available on the Archdiocese of Chicago website.